Have you ever eaten something and thought “that tasted like fall in my mouth”?
Well no worries because this quiche is about to change ALL of that.
There’s only two things I want to eat all day, every day and well the first is obvious, anything sweet and the second is brunch. For me brunch is a necessity more than just on Saturday and Sunday to cure a late night the following night. Brunch is EVERYTHING!
Cinnamon rolls, toast, sausage, scones, muffins, burgers with eggs, hash, you name it and you could eat it for brunch. But when it comes to my favorite, quiche is definitely the winner. Hands down!
What’s not to love? You get a pie crust bottom, eggs and anything your heart desires tossed in to a pool of brunchy goodness.
So when thinking about the perfect fall recipe and the fact that every pumpkin recipe you could every imagine has already been done, I decided to take a different route and that route is quiche.
Not just an quiche though, I’m talking sautéed butternut squash, kale and sausage tossed into a pool of eggs and on top of a flaky pie crust and then topped with goat cheese crumbles.
Drooling yet? Keep scrolling.
This quiche is the perfect throw together the night before and toss in the oven the next morning kind of recipe.
For this recipe, I love to use the pre-cut butternut squash to save on prep time and Greenridge’s Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Chicken Sausage for added flavor.
So much goodness in one pie crust. A little trick I found when making quiches is to pour your egg mixture in first and then top with your toppings. I find this helps prevent the toppings from sinking to the bottom of the pan.
- 1 store-bought refrigerator pie dough, or homemade dough
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- ½ cup diced chicken sausage
- 1½ cups fresh kale
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 eggs
- 1¼ cups unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Roll out the pie dough and line a 9-inch pie pan, gently pressing into sides to cover pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add sausage and kale and cook for another 4 minutes or so until kale is slightly wilted. Set aside to cool while prepping the egg mixture.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and almond milk until completely combined.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust and gently top with butternut squash mixture.
- Crumble goat cheese on top to your liking.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the egg is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
What’s your go-to fall dish? Any quiche recipe you swear by?