aka my new favorite meal for the summer!
Anyone else have those dishes that seem to be on repeat and you find yourself putting the ingredients on your grocery list every weekend? Welcome to my life when it comes to this delicious summer salmon recipe because I’m pretty much obsessed with just about anything that involves pineapple.
So yes, I’m that person at the grocery store digging through the pineapples every week smelling the bottom to see which one has that perfectly sweet smell and will be ready for me to cut into when I get home so I can cook with it while Steve eats it.
“Where’d all the pineapple go?” Steve- “Not sure” (as he’s swallowing the last piece).
Guess you could say we’re pineapple lovers in this household which is why we can’t get enough of this recipe.
The other weekend at the RewardStyle workship I not only got the chance to learn some amazing photography tips from Anna Petrow, which by the way if you haven’t stalked her photos yet then you better get on it because they’re UH-MAZAING, but I also got the chance to learn how to prep the perfect summer dish from Chef Elaina Vazquez of Boutique Bites and the gorgeous event space, Brique.
Sharing her recipe below!
- (4) 4OZ PIECES OF FRESH SALMON
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 1/3 CUP WATER
- 2/3 CUP RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 TBSP SUGAR
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1 MEDIUM RED ONION
- 1 1/2 CUP PINEAPPLE JUICE
- 1/4 CUP WHITE WINE VINEGAR
- 1 TSP DIJON MUSTARD
- 1/2 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 TSP SALT
- 1 CUP DICED PINEAPPLE
- 1 SMALL FRESNO CHILI, SEEDED & DICED
- 1 TBSP RED ONION, FINELY DICED
- CHOPPED CILANTRO TO TASTE
- SALT TO TASTE
- 1 TSP LIME JUICE
- 1 TBSP OLIVE OIL
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Once pan is hot, place skinless salmon in pan and sear on each side for 3-5 minutes, until golden. Finish in oven for approximately 3 minutes, or until desired finish.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Slice red onion and place in pickling liquid.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours, up to 24.
- Drain liquid from onions.
- Combine pineapple juice, white wine vinegar, and dijon mustard in blender.
- Blend on low and slowly add olive oil in a steady stream until vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Finish with salt to taste.
- Using a potato peeler, peel cucumber lengthwise to create thin slices.
- Place cucumber slides in a bowl and lightly drizzle with pineapple vinaigrette to soften.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Place seared salmon on plate.
- Top with pineapple salsa, pickled red onions, and cucumber ribbons.
- Lightly drizzle pineapple vinaigrette over top.
- Finish with micro greens and edible flowers if desired.
- Please allow 6 hours for pickeling in addition to prep time above.