Just add tequila and let the fiesta begin!
Now there’s only two things I love more than sweets, that’s holidays and super easy DIY projects.
Oh and tequila, that’s up there on the love for sweets and holiday level too;)
When it comes to Cinco De Mayo nothing says fiesta quite like lime and tequila but lately since I’ve felt like 24 going on 40 when going out with friends on the weekends. Yes, I’m talking “yawning at the bars by 11pm” status. I figured I better avoid a margarita drink recipe because all that tasting may just put me right to sleep or end up in one sloppy photo shoot.
What? I’m only being honest here people.
Anyways being the grandma that I am lately, I decided to play it safe with a fun and easy DIY lime clutch that double duties for some Cinco de Mayo celebrating and the perfect accessory for all summer long.
-canvas zippered pouch (I got mine from Paper Source)
-Fabric Paint Pens (white and green)
-paper to create stencil
- Using the top of a cup, trace a circle onto a piece of cardstock paper. Cut the circle out and then in half to create your lime shape.
- Use the stencil to trace with a pencil the outline of your lime slices in random pattern on your canvas pouch.
- Next, use the green paint pen to outline the pencil tracing. Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Now use the white paint pen to draw the inside of the lime (see photo below for example). Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Lastly color in the blank spaces with the green paint pen and let dry for 5 minutes.
Shoot Location: DL Loft
Photography by: Jeena Studios